So I finally get the energy to go out and shovel the heavy wet drifted snow off of my driveways (yes 2 of them) and the sidewalk and because it wasn't too cold out side, I invited Tansley to come outside and play in the snow while I shoveled. Tansley says that she wants to help. We happen to have two shovels, so Tansley picks up the smaller one to help. At first she is doing an OK job pushing the snow off the patio onto the grass. But then we move to the driveway. I've started to clear the snow off, and Tansley comes behind me with her shovel full of snow from off of the grass and dumps it onto the area I just shoveled off and says "there you go mom". Thanks! This continues all the way down the driveway and onto the sidewalk despite my best efforts to explain to her that I want the snow on the grass not on the sidewalk. Once we get around to the front of the house to the front driveway, which is sloped, she proceeds to crawl up the driveway "Look mom I'm climbing a mountain" and once at the top she lays on her side and rolls all the way to the bottom. Slowly I shovel the snow away when I'm done she says "now I can't slide anymore" and sits and pouts on the driveway only to be quickly distracted by me shoveling more snow off of the back patio, to which she helps by crawling around on her hands and knees pushing the snow that I haven't yet shoveled all over the area I just finished shoveling. Oh the fun. I wanted to take pictures, but I had left the camera in the van that Daniel had taken to Lethbridge.
This is one of the MANY reasons I am so glad we only get snow once a year - for a couple days.
ReplyDeleteI don't like that kind of exercise!