A lot happened this week so put your blue light glasses on, you're gonna be here a while🤓
First of all I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time since going on a mission. This time through I was focusing on the attributes of Jesus Christ that are found on every page of this book. I know that this book is true. I know that it testifies of who Jesus Christ is. I have become more aware of the attributes of Jesus Christ in the people I meet and serve with as well as in myself. I know that there are gifts that need to be developed so that I can continue to become like Jesus Christ. I know that because I have made covenants and have faith in Jesus Christ that those attributes will be developed when it is expedient for them to be. The Book of Mormon testifies to me every answer to every question that I have ever had regarding my path and personal development. It's true! All of it!
This week was crazy in all the best jaw dropping, shook, inconceivable how good God is ways. Sunday was magical, God just kept bringing friends! We get to the church and the time comes to get started but no one is there, not even the members. BUT HAVE FAITH! The day is young, God is good, and YSA are always late. So we get started with Sunday school and the miracles began. Our friend Jeffrey from Nigeria texted us to et us know he was there so we went out to greet him; it turns out that one of his classmates is a member. They were shocked to see eachother @ the church & spent the whole time together! Our member even gave him a ride home. Blessings! We hadn't even sat back down before our other friend Sam (also from Nigeria) was calling because he too has just arrived. We go out to great him AND HE BROUGHT A FRIEND (again from Nigeria).
BUT IT DOESN’T END THERE!
Sacrament meeting starts and our other friend Precious (from nigeria too) calls b/c he is also here, so we go gather him AND HE BROUGHT A FRIEND TOO (you guessed it, from Nigeria). So on the back pew sat sis murri and I and all our new Nigerian friends! It was a sight to behold.
BUT THE MIRACLES DON'T CEASE
4 of our recent converts came! 1 passed the sacrament for the 1st time, another blessed the sacrament for the 1st time and another bore her testimony for the first time. And testimony meeting was breathtaking! Everyone bore their testimony on following the promptings of the holy ghost and the impact their baptism and confirmation has had on their life. It was the perfect meeting to have all of our friends at!
BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!
After sacrament meeting, we waste no time. Precious & his friend take off, Sister murri is chasing them down, dodging members like its an olympuc sport. Mean while I'm talking to Sam's friend Adams and he accepts a baptismal date for Oct 21! And commits himself to meeting with us. "I think it's probably really important that I learn more so I can understand the importance of being baptized." AMEN! Sis Murri almost didn't catch Precious, but by yet another miracle they came back to use the Washroom & she was able to get Precious' friend, Paul's #, and set up a lesson with them for Tuesday AMEN!
And thus concludes the Sunday miracles.
BUT GOD IS A GOD OF MIRACLES EVERYDAY NOT JUST SUNDAY!
Tuesday evening comes and we are at our lesson with the member who is joining us waiting. They are late but assure us that they are coming. Then we see them WITH 2 OTHER FRIENDS (more from nigeria)! We start the lesson, which is a little chaotic, these boys are kinda all over the place, but Precious is all in. Then midlesson someone calls Precious & 3 MORE PEOPLE JOIN OUR TABLE (oh my lanta, more from Nigeria!) There were too many people for us to keep them all on task, so we extended an invitation for all of them to join us at General Conference (y'all should watch too btw!) and got the numbers of Lucky and Success, who, like Precious, are all in, you can see it on their faces. We only had 2 Book of Mormons with us. But everyone wanted one. So out to the car we go with a posse of Nigerian friends to hand out the Book of Mormon in the dark and jenky parking lot. Passers by probably didn't know what to think. We teach them about how amazing and true the book is. They are coming to Conference this weekend. And bith Lucky and Success have been looking for a church to go to sonce they moved to Canada and want to know the address PRONTO. Paul assured them that he would bring them.
That was the craziest time of my life, let alone my mission!! God is so good, and I love these people!
It's so cool to me to see how God is in the tiniest details of not only my life but the lives of our friends. I have a front row seat to watching it happen. I've especially seen it in the life of our friend Jeffrey who is preparing for baptism. Last week at a lesson we had with him he saw my WWJD bracelet and asked about it. So we told him what it stood for and he asked where he could get one, and I had one in my bag that has been there since my DL gave everyone in the district one forever ago! And then he finds out that one of his classmates is a member!! And now they are good friends! And then as if that wasn't enough, the last two lessons we have had with Jeffrey have been at a park called Hand of God park. Like come on, God is really all around.
In the life of our other friend, who we just had to pass off to another set of missionaries, you would not believe what he told us after he accepted the invitation to be baptized. He told us that the day we met him on the street the song that he was listening to on his phone was Be Thou My Vision sung by the Tabernacle Choir. Are you kidding?!?! Could you imagine listening to the tabernacle choir as a nonmember and then 2 random people walk up to you from that same church and invite you to learn more?? I would never ever again doubt that God is real and knows who I am and where I am. His hand is ALL AROUND!
You can find it! I promise! Please go looking for it! You'll find that His hand is holding it all together!
I love you all many many bunches! Go give the world so much Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly fridge phrases!!
♡pray with a smile -elder Mackey
♡He has given Jesus Christ to all these people -Sister Pearson
♡God cares about YOU, not the story -Hermana Pettit
♡remember Him more! -sister Matthews
Missionaries are awsome!
ReplyDelete