Oh do I have stories for you!
On Tuesday last week we had had quite the long day. Nothing went according to plan, we spent a lot of time on the subway traveling to lessons that didn't go through, & no one on the subways were giving us the time of day. We were finally at the end of our day, just one lesson to go, with a member who was going to feed us, which never happens in ysa so we were praying so hard that this would go through, because we had just been on a bus for an hour!
We were walking to this members house from the bus stop, behind a random No Frills on a kinda sketch construction detour path & we stumble across Jeffrey! Quite literally, I'm a clutz and tripped over something... a rock perhaps... but probably just my own feet... I have a trip count everyday and this day it was particularly high. Anywho... JEFFREY! New to Canada from Nigeria, going to school, & knows no one. But he's interested in coming to activities & church & meeting again, so we got his number and then went on our way. Blessings!
Fast forward to Friday INSTITUTE class. Jeffrey comes! And stays for the activity after even though we had to leave before it ended. Amen Jeffrey! Make those friends! He didn't come to church on Sunday though, neither did any of the other 7 friends that confirmed to come, nor did any of our recent converts. It was a tough reality. The elders in our ward however! Had a great Sunday! Friends at church AND a baptism! It was a wonderful service to be part of! But Sis Murri & I were still feeling disappointed. So we called all our friends that evening.
We get to Jeffrey, call him, no answer. BUT HE CALLS BACK! And we teach him all about the gospel of Jesus Christ, our purpose as missionaries, share 2 Nephi 31 with him & he says "I want to be like Jesus." So I invited him to be baptized & he said "of course!" At the end of the call he said he was so excited! Oh my lanta! So are we! So is God!
We had a lesson on Monday that he bussed an hour to! He told us he was happy to do it, and that he was so grateful that we stopped and talked to him that night because no one does that here, and he has missed the friendly faces from home. He also told us he goes to the gym to avoid sin, and in everything he does he pictures God with him. He saw my What Would Jesus Do bracelet (WWJD) and asked what it meant and where he could get one. AND I HAD ONE IN MY BAG THATS BEEN THERE FOR MONTHS! I don't know why I've kept it in there since I got it from another missionary five ever ago, BUT now I do!! It was such a simple little tender mercy! Jeffrey put it on right away and said he was going to wear it everyday! He's literally so tender.
We taught about the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ & he loved the first vision, b/c he felt that he was a son of God, and that God knew who he was just like God and Jesus Christ knew Joseph Smith. Oh my heart. We skipped the entire way back to our bus stop!! God has people who are prepared and he places them in our path daily! Even the sketchy ones behind a No Frills! #HAULER
I have such a solid testimony of God's hand. There are so many instances in this story big and small where God's hand is so perfectly there. Down to the bracelet.
I invite you all to look for God's hand in your life. I promise you that Jesus Christ is walking with you every little step of the way. Every stumble, every trip, stomp, skip, Jesus Christ has stepped them all, because a Father in Heaven who loves you sent him to do so, and Jesus did do so, willingly, for you! So that God's hand could be in your life ALL THE TIME!
I love you all many bunches! Go give them so much heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly Fridge Phrases!!
♡practice like the cheerleaders are watching -president Stacey
♡only God and me know if I'm being the best me I can be -president stacey
♡we are in His hand no matter what is happening -Kirandeep
No comments:
Post a Comment