Thursday, September 14, 2023

Sept 13 : Welcome to the Weekly Season 7 Ep 4 Sister Frazzle Starts Fresh because guess what!? HE FOUND IT!

 Hello! Hello! 



First of all, Mama Bears and little sisters always have the best things to say when you call them to tell them about your crazy week. 10/10 recommend giving them a call when you feel a little all over the place. 

Last week when I called my mom she said, "Don't be frazzled, breathe." So that's what I did, I breathed and let the week do its thing, while I did my best to follow the promptings of the spirit. But by Sunday this Sister was still feeling frazzled. When I tell you that Sundays are my favourite day as a missionary, I'm not joshing. They are my absolute favourite! 

5 of our friends came to church! 2 of which, have come before but we haven't been able to teach because during the week they ghost us🙃🫠, but they came again! And we set up lessons with both of them! Another friend who came we actually met in the subway while doing missionary work with some members in our ward who are preparing to serve missions. Our member was so shocked to see him at church, "they ACTUALLY come when they say!?!?" Sadly no.... but it was a cool moment for her! We've been doing a lot with the members preparing to serve missions and it is so cool to see them talk to people about Jesus Christ so naturally as they bear testimony, and get excited when we are able to get their number. 

Our friend Hibiki also came to church! He has been coming consistently, and he comes to every activity. He busses an hour every time he comes. He is from Japan and has a hard time with English, but he is reading the Book of Mormon in Japanese and English side by side to help him understand it better. He is the most tender person I have ever met. 💗 

We had a lesson with him right before church and we were teaching him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We were sharing with him the story of Joseph Smith, and that he was looking for the true church so he asked God to know which one was it. We told Hibiki that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and gave him the answers he was searching for. 

Hibiki was on the edge of his seat, so eager to know the end of the story, "Did he find it!?"

"Yes! He did! He found it!"

"Where is it!?"

Oh my heart could have clapped, it felt so cheerful that we were able to tell Hibiki that we were sitting in the true church. That Joseph Smith was called by the power of God to be the prophet on the earth to restore and bring back the Gospel of Jesus Christ just as Jesus Christ Himself had established it when He was on the earth. We watched a video of the history of the Church showing the spread of the True Church world wide. And when it finished Hibiki was in awe. 

"So the True church isn't just a building, it's the Power of God?"

Friends, that is exactly what the church is; It is the ability to have direct access to the power of God. When Hibiki came to that realization his entire countenance lit up, he was so excited at this thought. And I was reminded why I'm excited at that thought too. You're telling me that because a young boy prayed to know the truth I now have access to God's power in my life every day to guide me and help me become more like my brother and very best friend who is Jesus Christ??? That is exactly what I tell people everyday! And that is exactly what the spirit witnessed to me on Sunday in the church building for the True and Living Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

I didn't forget how exciting the Gospel is per say. But I did let my focus slip and was definitely more caught up feeling frazzled than I was on the excitement and joy that is promised to us when we believe in and focus on Jesus Christ. 

We went to Sacrament meeting and partook of the sacrament, renewing the covenants I made with my Heavenly Father when I was baptized and received the Holy Ghost. Renewing my excitement of the Lord's work. Recommitting to focus on Jesus Christ. I know that the blessings of being baptized with the power and authority of God are accessible to every single person, every single week from the day they are baptized through the rest of eternity. How grateful I am to have the chance to invite the Holy Ghost into my life every day as I repent and every Sunday as I make covenants with my Father in Heaven in the name of His son Jesus Christ. 

After Sunday, I was ready to start fresh, to forsake the frazzle and focus my faith. 

Friends, I know that those blessings are available to you. I know that the power of God is the priesthood power on this earth and that each of you has access to it when you make covenants with a Heavenly Father that loves you so big. I invite you to think about your baptism and confirmation and think about the blessings that were promised to you that day and the things you promised that day. How can you have access to God's power every day? I promise that you do, and I promise that it's a very personal thing because God knows YOU as if YOU were the only person to ever exist. He knows exactly what he promised YOU. And you should to. 

I love you all many bunches! Go give all the lovely humans so much heaven!

Love,
Sister Court

Weekly Fridge Phrases!!
♡stand in holy places so your ears can hear and your feet can walk -Tansley Kaye
♡he'll take ya places you didn't even know you were going -Tansley Kaye
♡every moment of my life must be holiness to the Lord
♡some people say 'I don't go to church. To me I can be on a mountainsides feel closer to God. I just wanna be on a mountainside.' Yeah that's the dumbest thing ever -president Stacey 





No comments:

Post a Comment