Just now I checked my email and there was a youtube update suggesting that I watch this little video.
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Random
I made a quick trip to the grocery store to just pick up some icing sugar for my daughter so she could make some icing for her sugar cookies. I pulled up and saw a young man, dressed in black, with kinda scruffy hair and smoking a cigarette standing in front of the liquor store. He wore black jeans that were much to long for his already long legs and I noticed that he had unusually large feet, or so they looked. I have never seen him before, but I quickly passed judgement as to his character. I stepped out of my van and headed toward the grocery store with my back to him. I hear him call out "Excuse me ma'am". I turn around wondering what he possibly could need. He asks if I am headed in to the grocery store. I tell him that I am. He tells me that he isn't allowed in the grocery store and before he is even finished talking I am thinking that he is going to ask me to buy him some cigarettes to which my answer would be a stern NO. He continues, "I was wondering if you could buy me a bouquet of flowers?" I am taken back. "I'll give you the money" he says quickly. I smile and tell him of course I can, and ask what he's looking for. He hands me $11 in change and says to just pick out something a young mom would like. So I go in, and grab my icing sugar and the biggest and prettiest bouquet of flowers I can spot regardless of price. I bring them out to him, and when he sees me his face lights up like I wouldn't have expected from my original take on the kid. I hand him the flowers and ask if they'll do. He says "Thank you, you are a life saver!" and then he steps in and gives me a quick light hug and adds "May good Karma rain down on you" as he turns and walks away. I drove home happier than I had been when I arrived and hoped that the spirits of the young mom who would be the recipient of the flowers, would be brightened.
Just now I checked my email and there was a youtube update suggesting that I watch this little video.
Yeah, there's definitely something to this kindness thing...
Just now I checked my email and there was a youtube update suggesting that I watch this little video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good girl. Way to listen to the little promptings. Some one was greatly blessed by your kindness, and you'll probably never know who, but HE knows!
ReplyDeleteI love this :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete