I pushed Ella in the stroller, James rode on his bike. I let him tell me which way to go. We stopped and looked in piles of leaves for ladybugs. At first we didn't have any luck. I was worried that maybe our ladybug hunt might be a bust because it has certainly got cooler the past few days or so. But we just kept moving on, looking for whatever cool treasures we might find on this beautiful autumn afternoon. James picked up a few rocks, and some colourful leaves.
And then as we were walking along through grass covered in leaves, suddenly James spotted a ladybug...a tiny little baby lady bug on a leaf.
He picked it up and we put it in our lady bug jar. That was the first of many many more ladybugs we collected. He even spotted a little spider in the dirt, but we thought he might not be a friendly addition to the lady bug jar.
![]() |
| Can you spot the spider? I promise it's there. |
Check out all our fun autumn treasures! We found three different kinds of pine cones, a little feather, some purple "seeds" on a bush, a couple of "cool" sticks, a little yellow flower, leaves in a assortment of size, shape and colour, and a plethora of ladybugs, oh yes, and some rocks. All in all, a success I think.
![]() |
| This one gives a little better view of all of our ladybugs |







No comments:
Post a Comment