Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Request for Pancakes

My SIL requested my pancake recipe after a posted this picture on my Facebook.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip pancakes topped with whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate.
So here is my basic recipe

Good Morning Pancakes
2 cups flour
1tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat eggs. Add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed but still lumpy.

OK, so that is the basic recipe, but I frequently make the following changes
2 eggs instead of 3
1/3cup(ish) apple sauce and 1/4cup(ish) oil  instead of 1/2cup melted butter (I never measure out the apple sauce and oil, I just kinda guess, sometime because of my guessing I need to also adjust the amount of water to get just the right pancake consistency)

This recipe works for me all of the time. At times I have added my canned pumpkin pie filling instead of the apple sauce and this makes a very tasty breakfast. We have added blueberries, diced apples, cinnamon, peaches, raspberries and of course strawberries and chocolate chips. We've also been known to add all kinds of strange colours to our pancake batter. No matter what we add, they have always been delicious. This is also the recipe that my 9yr old uses when she makes pancakes, something she's been doing for a couple of years now.

What do you like in your pancakes? If you give this recipe a try let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment