 |
| Can you see the difference? I can! |
I don't really understand the changes that have taken place in regards to Kymberly's vision over the past 6 months or so. But this is what I know. Today when her new glasses came in the mail and she wore them for the first time, she was amazed at all the things she could see. Over the past 6 months her eyes have being slowly adjusting to the changes that
surgery brought on. But in that time she also developed astigmatism in one eye. So even though her eyes have started working together, one of them began seeing things somewhat blurry. On our walk home from the post office she exclaimed "Mom, I can even see the green sign!". She was looking at the small green street sign a couple blocks ahead of us. "Mom, these glasses make me see really far away!" What a thrill it must be for her. For the first time in her 4 and half years of life, she's beginning to see things as they really are. She is still developing that sense of depth and learning to trust what she sees.
Here's a little shameless plug. I purchased her glasses online at my favorite place
zennioptical.com. We got 2 pair of glasses(including shipping) for under $50. Seriously, if you are in the market for new glasses or know somebody who is, GO CHECK IT OUT! You won't regret it.
We need to go get new glasses for the oldest so thankyou for the link. Only problem? We need to see what they look like on him...
ReplyDeleteAstigmatism is so hard for the youngsters. My oldest has it as well and after he got his glasses it was like night and day. Hope yours loves her new way to see the world! :)
That is SO exciting for Kymberly!! I can't even imagine how new the world must feel to her.
ReplyDelete