Thursday, January 26, 2012

This morning

Kathryn is an early riser. She always has been. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a fate. I am not and early riser. Getting up in the morning is torture. When she was really young I would sleep on the couch while she watched cartoons often from 5am until 8am....and then there would be the time change...oh how I hated when it went from 5am mornings to 4am mornings. The kids was killing me. I loved the day when she was smart enough to turn the TV on and open the fridge. I would put a sippy cup of milk in the fridge, a bowl of cheerios, raisins and mini marshmallows on the table, and leave the TV on CBC the night before. In the morning she would help herself to the milk and treats and watch CBC kids until mom got up.

Today Kathryn was up and making all kinds of noise in the kitchen at 6am. I rolled over to look at the clock and wondered what in the world she was doing in the kitchen so early. The past few mornings she has but her own lunch together before I ever get out of bed, but today she seemed to be making a ridiculous amount of noise. At 6:30am she came in and asked if she could make pancakes for breakfast since there would be lots of time. I told her to go for it. When I finally drug myself out of bed a little after 7am, I found the kitchen counters cleaned off, the dishwasher unloaded and the table set for breakfast. What a kid. I guess the early riser can come in handy some times. So we had a hot breakfast this morning in a tidy kitchen. A great way to start the day.

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's precious! Can Kathryn come over to my house and train my kids to do that? hehehe

    ReplyDelete