Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My very own recipe

 I sometimes forget that there are other places to find recipes besides Pinterest, or in fact, that I myself am a decent cook and can come up with tasty meals on my own. For instance, last night I created what I call "Pizza Spaghetti" . I was going to blog about it and give you a recipe yesterday, but then I realized that I don't know how much of everything I put in it, because I just put it in. However it was so yummy!

Because now I have peeked you interest, I'll give you a basic, best that I can recipe.

Pizza spaghetti sauce
1L Jar spaghetti sauce( I used my home made tomato sauce)
1/2 lb ground beef
1/3 chub of summer sausage(or pepperoni) sliced thin
1 onion sliced thin
1 green pepper sliced thin
1/2 can mushrooms(I had an open can in the fridge left over from pizza a few days ago).

First fry the ground beef. I seasoned it with seasoning salt. Drain any fat and set aside.
In the same pan cook the summer sausage until crispy. Drain and set aside.
Add a little olive oil to the pan. When the oil is heated add the sliced onion and green pepper. Saute until tender crisp.
Now add the ground beef, summer sausage, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce to the vegetables and heat through.
Serve over spaghetti noodles(or what ever kind of noodles you like). Top with Fresh grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese.

If you make my recipe, let me know if you like it as much as me and my kids did. I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment