Friday, January 27, 2012

Projects inspired by Pinterest

Here are a few crafty things that the girls and I created today in preparation for Valentines day.
The heart butterfly, caterpillar and ladybug were Kathryn's idea and the heart flower was Tansley's creation.
These fuzzy pencils are for the primary. We had some pretty boring coloured pencils left over, so I brought them home and added some character to them. We will hand them out as Birthday gifts.
Now this project I have actually had bookmarked for ages, long before Pinterest ever existed. I just finally got around to making it. And I wasn't yet going to post it because I haven't added all the fun detail to it. But I'm starting to think that might never happen. So here it is. All the ones I have seen are meant to go over a card table, but we don't have one of those. What we do have is a plastic patio table that we sometimes bring in and  cover with a table cloth(it is hideous, it has also doubles as our craft table and we don't bother to cover it) when we have company over for dinner and we need more seating. One day after company left and it was just sitting there, I thought to myself "that would work as a table for a play tent" so the very next day I set to work making this play tent out of some Melton wool that somebody had given to me years ago. I washed it and dried it and then did some measuring and some cutting and by the end of the night I had this cute play fort. The kids and cats can't get enough of it. It has been sitting in my living room for nearly two weeks now and gets plenty of use.

2 comments:

  1. cute stuff Mandy :) It's nice to see someone actually MAKING stuff from pinterest and not just pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAA I love that fort! The kids must be having so much fun with it! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete