Wednesday, September 7, 2011

She's at it again

So I decided that I wanted to expand my garden. When we moved into this house and dug out a garden space there was no fence separating our yard from our neighbours. We left about a 6 foot section of grass between our garden and their yard. Last spring our neighbours put up a fence. So a few weeks ago while I was outside pondering over gardening stuff I started thinking that maybe I should dig out that section of grass all the way to the fence.
It might have been smart to do it last week when the temperature was only in the teens, but I didn't. No, instead I thought I'd get a start on it today in 32C very dry heat.

Anybody need some sod? I have square chunks you can just come and take. I'll have more as the week goes on. That is hard work. I did get about 1/4 of it dug today.

Remember when I did this

1 comment:

  1. Phew! You're a hard working mama out in that heat. Great job! You'll love the harvest you get out of that extra piece of garden :)

    ReplyDelete