Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tansley Kaye is 6 Today!!!

OK, actually she turned 6 on the 4th of May, but I suppose technically she is still 6 today. On her birthday before school I gave here these shoes and this skirt that I made for her the night before out of a pair of old worn out jeans and quilting cotton cut on the bias to make the ruffles(I'll have to post an up close picture to show off the fact that I didn't hem anything!).
I made her these cupcakes that I took up to school to surprise her.

On Friday afternoon we had her birthday party. We invited all of her kindergarten class plus a few cousins and a friend from church. All in all we had 19 kids and 6 adults. It was a crazy fun time. It tried to rain on us at first so we played freeze dance in my living room. When it seemed as though the rain had subsided we went outside to bust up a pinata and have cake.
Quick! grab the candy!!!!

 This cake was Tansley's idea. She wanted a "Picture cake", like a picture you would draw and put in a picture frame. So this is what I created. She LOVED it! She told me it was the most beautiful cake that she had ever seen. So all the work was completely worth it.

Tansley sat and opened her cards from all her friends. The idea was that it would be a "Toonie Party". Instead of bringing a present, each kid was to bring a card with a toonie($2 coin) in it and then Tansley would be able to go buy her own present. I love this idea. I win because I don't get a tonne of extra toys to clutter up my house and the kids parents win because it's only $2 instead whatever they would have spent on a present. This is the idea. Out of the 19 kids in attendance only 10 of them were acutally "invited" guests, the extras were siblings of those guests and three of my own children. So if you do the math, Tansley should have ended up with $20, but that is not what she ended up with. No, she had more than double that amount, $48! Lucky girl(she was in heaven the next day at the toys store).

When all of that was said and done, I just let the kids run around for awhile until their parents came to take them all away.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that IS a cute cake! And once again I am jealous of your sewing skills sigh. I love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea about the presents! I may have to copy that, though I couldn't do the 19 kids in my house!! I usually limit to 5 max. So that wouldn't work too well for presents. Hmmmm. Cake was amazing though!

    ReplyDelete