Friday, October 2, 2009

The important things.

Today we had an incident with hitting...as we do so often with Tansley Kaye. But this time she hit Kathryn in the face with her baby doll and broke Kathryn's glasses. Thankfully they only cost us $12.95 from zennioptical.com and thankfully she has a second pair. But this is the second time that the same arm has been broken due to an incident. The first time I just got replacement frames for $4.00 plus shipping and hoped that if they broke again that it would be the other arm or the bridge or something....but no such luck. I don't know what I'll do this time...maybe nothing.
Anyways, I was furious. I didn't witness the incident, but assumed it was just Tansley being mean again and sent her to her room until Alex went home at 4:30pm(which meant about an hour and a half of sitting in her room).
A few moments ago Kathryn wanted her other pair of glasses that were in her bedroom. I had strictly forbidden her from going anywhere near the bedroom, so I said I would go get them for her. I had cooled down and wanted to talk with Tansley about why she hit Kathryn with the doll. When I walked into her room she was holding the framed picture of Jesus that I have yet to hang on their wall. We talked about what had happened and I asked her why she had hit Kathryn with the doll. Turns out she wasn't being mean, she was just playing along with what Kathryn and Alex were playing and she didn't think her actions through. I then asked her what she was doing with the picture of Jesus. "I was praying because I was sorry". That touched my heart. At least somethings have sunk in along the way...some of the important things. "Good Girl" I said and let her come out of her room to play as along as she told Kathryn she was sorry.


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to be a "fair" mitigater till our tempers calm down. 
    It's good to know it wasn't her temper lashing out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you--it's so important to listen to their side of things. I think most of these things are done fairly innocently.

    ReplyDelete