On our honeymoon we attended three Oilers hockey games. Yeah, I know I am the best wife ever. All the men are jealous that Daniel snagged a wife that would allow such shenanigans on the honeymoon. And all the women think that I am nuts to have allowed such shenanigans. To be honest, I enjoyed it. I didn't allow it, we decided on it together. He basically said "what do you think?" and I said "sounds like fun". So we did it, and had a great time.
Eight years later we headed up to Edmonton for the Oilers home opener. It was a good game...in parts, however the Oilers lost in the last 44 seconds of the game...it was dumb, and I don't want to talk about it. Daniel arranged for some friends to watch the girls for a couple of nights. We stayed at a fabulous bed and breakfast in Edmonton called the Secret Garden.
The suite(which was originally built to be a basement suite for her elderly parents) was huge. They welcome kids, if in fact we ever wanted to bring them along. The suite has a full kitchen, with everything you need to cook or bake any thing and everything, you simply provide the ingredients. It has two bedrooms and a good sized living room that walks out into a beautifully landscaped garden. Nancy and Harold are wonderful people who make you feel right at home. And guess what? Twenty four years ago they were married on this day too. What are the chances that we would share the same anniversary as the people who were hosting us in their home? And Nancy cooks a killer breakfast. And because she didn't have anyone checking in for a few days, they let us stay for as long as we wanted on Sunday. Which meant that we could stay and watch the morning session of conference in the comfort of our suite and also that we could have a late breakfast... which I guess makes it brunch.
It was superb, the whole weekend.
It was superb, the whole weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment