I went outside about an hour ago to dig some carrots for Thanksgiving dinner.
We are hosting the Court Thanksgiving dinner at our house Sunday afternoon...don't worry, it won't be quite as crazy as Christmas dinner was....probably only half the number of people. But that is not the point of my story. Because it was snowing and kinda cold I just wanted to dig enough carrots for dinner tomorrow. But in spite of the snow and it really didn't feel that cold, I really started to enjoy myself. I was having so much fun...yes fun, that I decided to dig all of them. I love my garden. I love taking care of it all summer long. But most of all I love reaping the rewards from it. I don't even mind the work, I find it relaxing and fulfilling...apparently in the snow too. Now I have two boxes of dirty carrots that I need to clean up...that will make a bit of a mess inside since it is too cold outside to clean them up like I usually do.
I look forward to enjoying these for months to come
No comments:
Post a Comment