As a young single adult, I had a variety of good friends to hang out with, have fun with and pretty much just enjoy good laughs on a regular basis. However since being married, I have seriously lacked in the friend department. Except of course for the fact that I married my very bestest friend, who was always the best part of hanging out with friends. Because of him, I haven't entirely realized what I had been missing. Now, that isn't to say that I didn't have any friends at all. But good close friends were far and few between....or just living hundreds of miles away...Until I moved to this little place that everyone keeps asking me "Why Milk River?". Why? The short answer...because it just felt right.
About a year ago, I wrote somewhat of a similar post, about feeling like I had know the sisters here forever already. Now, it is so much more. Not only do I feel so at home with these women...I have these friends, like the kind I used to have as a young single adult. The kind that you are always looking for a reason to hang out together. But that's not all, they come with husbands who are so much like mine, so when we all get together...well...it's insanity. And they all have kids around the same age as mine...all except one couple(I won't name names...but their names ryhme), who haven't yet ventured into the kid zone. They are, however great with all of our kids running around, climbing on them, talking non stop to them, showing them everything and anything that they have created. So...either all these kids will show them how great it is to have kids...or it is a really great form of birthcontrol.
It is so great to have couple friends that we have so much in common with. We can all hang out together and have a great time. Or just the girls can get together and laugh. Or the boys can get together and....be boys. We trade babysitting so that the other can do whatever it is that they need to do. Our kids are all great friends. It really just is just like it used to be as a young single adult....only it's better, it's the complete kit and caboodle.
Last night we all got together for an informal FHE out at the Harty farm...way out in the middle of now where. We ate good food. The kids ran around all over the place. The men played on the quad and shot at pop cans on fence posts....some of us ladies took a few shots too. It's been awhile since I have held a gun, so I wanted my chance...and I blew one of those pop cans clear off the fence. Daniel was so proud of me, that he wanted to celebrate. Mostly us ladies sat around the fire and chatted and laughed. It was so much fun, I have already told everyone the next one is at the Courthouse on the 22nd of June. I realize, that living in town, there wont be any playing on the quad, or shooting guns...but we'll just have to find something else to entertain the boys...us ladies will be fine just laughing together. So if you happen to be in the Milk River area, or you are up for a drive and want to come hang with some of the greatest people around...you should come on over, just bring a salad.
We're there! Count us in!
ReplyDeleteThat will be awesome if you are around! You'll like these people.
ReplyDelete