Saturday, May 2, 2009
She's at it again
It was a beautiful spring day today! I got lots of yard work done and enjoyed being out in the sun. Kathryn decided that she wanted to set up her Kool-aid stand, but we didn't have any Kool-aid. She was really bummed out...but only for a moment. She is a problem solver. The next thing I know, she has set up her table and laid out all the rocks that she has painted. She has made flags out of paper and put them on sticks and stuck them all down the grass to direct people to the rock sale. She had made signs for the table that advertised how much the different sized rocks would cost(5 or 10 cents).I wish that I would have taken a moment out of my yard work to take a picture because it was really quite a setup. She and Tansley yelled out "COME GET YOUR PAINTED ROCKS" and "ROCKS FOR SALE" over and over again. I could hear them all the way on the other side of the house where I was planting out the pumpkins that I had started inside a few weeks ago. After quiet sometime the two of them come running around the house in excitement. They had made their first sale. They kept up their call and more and more sales poured in. People stopped as they drove by and bought their rocks. The neighbour boys(who are about 2 years older than Kathryn) even came to buy some rocks(and tease), and then they came back with a wagon full of biggish rocks for the girls to paint(and teased some more). So then of course I had to get paints out for them to replenish what they had sold. When it was time to clean up they had made $3.10. They were really excited about that. Kathryn commented "it can't get any better than this!". So I guess they had a productive afternoon. As did I. One more day of clean up and it should be all done and we'll start on the planting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment