Sunday, June 2, 2024

may 22 2024: Welcome to the Weekly Season 13 Ep. 3

Hello! Hello! 

It's been a very sunny, very hot week. But this lizard of a sister missionary is very happy about that!☀️😊🦎 

Last week I outlined all the different ways that sister coulson and I have tried to find people to talk to who are ready for the gospel.

The secret to successful finding is faith and a spirit of excitement. We have been doing a lot of finding trying to find the people who are prepared. We're doing lots of weeding trying to dig up some good garden carrots. Sometimes we think we got one, but it needs to be put back in the ground a while longer (oooorrrr never pulled up again...ha... ha). 

We have gotten quite creative with our finding strategies. But it doesn't matter the finding strat- whiteboard, compliment jar, question of the soul- if you don't have faith (confidence in gods plan with righteous action) its not going to work. We have to be confident that God will magnify the righteous action we're taking. And then we have to let that confidence channel into our spirit and allow our spirit to fill us with excitement. 

This is a principle that has been cool to learn with sister Coulson. When we have a lesson that goes through our spirits along with our friends spirits are immediately filled. We can feel the difference in us and can see the difference in them. The finding that occurs after those lessons is wild! We talk to so many people and our eyes are open to many miracles. We had a lesson with our friend Emmanuel. Everyone got to this lesson feeling so tired from the day. But by the end of this lesson we all had a new pep in our step! We went finding after and were led by the spirit in everything we did. It was effortless to talk to people and know where to go because we were energized by the spirit.

 I've been thinking and studying about how we can be energized by the spirit always so that our finding can be like that more often. Sister coulson and I have been very prayerful with each and every decision in the day this week. This has made a great impact in our work. Because with everything we do we know it's what God wants us to do. This is how we become anxiously engaged not casually engaged. This is how we show faith and then have confidence in gods plan with the needed righteous action for that time. My eyes have been opened to notice miracles no matter how small and seemingly meager. They are great to me and I'm grateful for them. 

I invite you to be more prayerful throughout your day. Invite God to be the author or each day as you seek his will in all things, ask for his protection in all things, and thank him for all things. And then pay attention to the blessings and miracles and energy and spirit that He gives to you. 

On an unrelated note. We got to teach about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ yesterday. For the first time in a very long time (its only been a few weeks but it feels like it's been five ever) I shared Joseph smith's account of the first Vision when God and Jesus Christ appeared to him. My testimony of the reality of this event has become unshakable over the course of my mission. And yesterday as I shared it with our friend I felt the witness of the spirit yet again that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Jesus Christ's church restored to the earth. I am grateful for these times I have been given to become so firm in my testimony. 

I love you all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!

Big loves,
Sister Court 

No comments:

Post a Comment