Hello! Hello!
Our friend Kai!! He has accepted a date for baptism! He is so excited to follow his Lord and Saviour! He came to another friend's baptism on Sunday. We showed him a picture of Jesus being baptized after and he said that he couldn't wait for his turn in a couple weeks! He is ready for the restored gospel!
I've been studying witnesses of the spirit. As I studied, I read in pmg which says guidance of the holy ghost requires spiritual work. We may not receive a pillar of light all at once but if we are diligent we can receive ray by ray that will accumulate to make our pillar.
As I prayed to close my study the other day, I prayed that I would have the open heart to recognize the little witnesses of the spirit & that I would have opportunities to be extra diligent. At a gas station later that day, I met a man. At first I just made small talk about the weather and was about to leave after filling up, but I remembered my prayer and got back out of the car to share with him my missionary purpose. Haha he wasn't receptive at all. Not rude, just very devout in his faith. He began telling me that so many people are looking for the answers to life's questions. And asked me, "where were you before you were here? What happens after you die? Why are you even here? What's the purpose of life?" He meant for them to be rhetorical and didn't grant me any time to share what I believed the answers to be. But as he shared with me what he believed the answers to be. As he did so, I felt the witness of the spirit testify to me the truth of the real answers to each of those questions. I know the answers to all of those questions because I have a loving heavenly father who has a plan for me that is centered on His son Jesus Christ, whose atonement makes the whole plan possible.
I testify that before this life we lived as spirits with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. There Heavenly Father presented to us a plan and Jesus Christ volunteered to be our saviour. We are Gere on earth because we chose to follow that plan, knowing full well that we were going to be given trials and opposition. These things are meant for us to have so we can learn and grow and use the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That is our purpose, to allow the enabling power of Jesus Christ to lift us to a higher and holier person. I know that after we die each of our spirits will go to the spirit world and each one of us will be resurrected and judged according to our works and desires of our hearts. We will have the opportunity to have eternal life and exaltation with our families forever if we have chosen to live in a way that grants those blessings.
That moment was one the rays that day. And I'm so grateful I was able to be receptive to it.
I invite you to ponder these truths and internalize them! Ask God for your own spiritual witnesses of them. I promise they will come ray upon ray.
Love you all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Big loves,
Sister Court





No comments:
Post a Comment