Wednesday, April 10, 2024

April 10: Welcome to the Weekly Season 12 Ep. 3 and then there were 2 and THE prophet

Hello! Hello!

First of all, the trio has become a duo :(( a sister in another area went home unexpectedly which meant that there was a gap to fill else where. Sister Lee was the one chosen to be yanked away. This trio was honestly such a dream it was just so much fun and we have been working so hard. We had such a good groove. Sister Brooks and I will just have to keep the groove going 😎

General conference was a miraculous weekend. We worked so hard and invited EVERYONE to watch. Not everyone watched. In fact like no one we invited to during the week did. BUT! Junior and Tersa and their family did! Junior told us he thought it was amazing! He had the biggest smile on his face. As we were sustaining the general authorities Saturday morning, his kids were sustaining them too, with so much enthusiasm. It was the sweetest thing! 

In between sessions on Saturday a family that Sis. Brooks had talked to a week ago- and gave our info to but didnt get contact info from them- walked into the church because they had remembered that something was going on, but couldn't remember the time. We gave them a church tour. They loved it! And asked all the right questions. They couldn't stay for conference but we sent them the link and one of them watched on Sunday! 

Then right before the Saturday afternoon session was about to start another man walks into the church. He was a referral that we had texted but he never answered so we weren't expecting anyone to come. His name is Kai and he is a new Christian. He knows he needs to follow Jesus because he had a dream that Jesus came to him and told him that He was his Saviour. Talk about prepared. He loved the Saturday afternoon session of conference and said he would come again on Sunday. AND HE DID! On Sunday afternoon he was there. We told him that in this session we would get to hear the living prophet on the earth speak to us. He was so excited and the whole session waited in great anticipation to listen to President Nelson. When president Nelson started speaking Kai looked at him, pointed at the screen and whispered, "This IS the prophet of God." Goosebumps. He knows it! He feels it! We will teach him again this week. And I can feel in my heart that Kai will be a lifelong disciple of Christ. I am so excited to see how God works with this son of His to bring him closer to Christ.  

My conference highlights!⬇️

1!! A temple in Victoria!! Oh my lanta! Are you kidding!? My heeeaaaarrrttttttt! Yall don't even know how happy I am! What a beautiful place for a House of the Lord! And what a needed place for there to be a House of the Lord! 

2. I came to conference with a list of questions that I have had on my mind the last few days and while I didn't find or recueve a direct answer or an epiphany that provided all the solutions, I did recieve the process by which I will be able to find the answers I seek. 

The answer is found in Temples! And Covenants! While I'm a missionary I don't have the opportunity to go to the temple very often (especially right now as the Toronto temple is closed). But I can study the covenants I have made there. I can recommit to living them every day even though I can't go to the temple. So that is what I'm going to do. I am going to study the covenants I have made with my Heavenly Father. And I am so excited to do so! 

I want to invite you (if you have made covenants with God whether in the baptism font or in His Holy House) to reflect and study them. How can you live them more fully?

Another fun tidbit:)))

We got to watch the eclipse! So cool! Almost got attacked by Satan geese but ya win some ya learn some I suppose haha


I love you all many bunches! Go give em Heaven! 

Big Loves,
Sister Court 

Ok ok it's about time for some fridge phrases!!
♡the Book will never lead you astray! NEVER! 
♡Here a ray and there a ray -Alexander Dushku
♡covenants don't take a day off -Dallin H. Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment