Hello! Hello!
Sister Linton is my new companion and I love her to bits. We are having a lot of fun together. It's her first time in the city so there's a lot of new things to figure out but she loves the people already! It's gonna be a good 6 weeks!🥰🥰
I know that the Holy Ghost is real & is the reason we become converted. Without the Holy Ghost we would know nothing of the ways of God because we would never feel God's power in our life.
Recently, I have had the blessing of teaching many individuals who have grown a testimony of the Holy Ghost. I have watched their countenance change as they feel the spiritual power of the Holy Ghost be made manifest in their lives.
Our friend Vianna LOVES the Holy Ghost. She came to church for the first time a few weeks ago with her boyfriend (& our friend) burrito-boy Tyson. The thing that has stuck out to both of them, is the way we talk about the Holy Ghost at church. Vianna has never heard other churches talk so much about the importance of the holy ghost. I know she feels the Holy Ghost speaking to her because she asks the most inspired questions & gives the most inspired answers. The other day she asked about all the people who have grown old and don't know all these things. How will they ever know? So we got to tell her about the spirit world & baptisms for the dead. When she heard that she said it was like she has all the puzzle pieces & each time she learns something the Holy Ghost helps her know where they go. She is preparing to be baptized this Sunday & she is so ready.
Our friend Mark has a harder time recognizing the holy ghost. But he wants to feel it so he keeps doing the things that he knows will help him feel it. He has such strong redemptive faith. Yesterday we had a lesson with him that didn't go at all the way we planned. The Holy Ghost took over, & we talked about the sacrament & renewing our covenants. Mark told us that for some reason Sundays are like a reset button for him. Then out of nowhere one of our members walked in & on an impromptu invite joined our lesson. He was able to share that the reason Mark feels like that is because of the Holy Ghost & its that spirit that helps him endure through the week until Sunday again. When Mark realized that, I could tell he was thinking of all the times he's felt the Holy Ghost before, and i knew he was feeling it right then.
I'm so sorry for making this letter so long. But my testimony of the Holy ghost has just grown so much this week!
A few weeks ago, I got a text from my best friend Tomoaki, who I was able to watch be baptized in Toronto. He told me he has to go back to Japan because his visa expired and can't be renewed. My heart broke. But yesterday he sent me another message. It was a voice recording of him giving a talk in sacrament meeting. In his talk he testified of his experience before knowing who God was and after knowing who God was. He testified of the power of the Holy Ghost, & that it is because of the holy ghost that he truly knows God is real, and he knows that God's power is in his life everyday. I am so proud of him. I had the realization that he will go back to Japan and he will be able to share the Holy Ghost and the Gospel of Jesus Christ with his family in Japan. Because of the Holy Ghost, Tomoaki has a testimony and because of that testimony, so many doors are open for God to gather his sheep from all the far corners of the earth.
Thanks for reading! I pray you felt something as you did. I love you all many bunches! Go give em heaven!
Big loves,
Sister Court
Weekly Fridge Phrases:
♡Our mission here in life, cant progress unless we repent
-Tom
♡We procrastinate because we prioritize our current pleasure over our longterm goals
-our friend Sarina
♡thou didst hear me because of thy Son -Alma 33:11
No comments:
Post a Comment