Hello! Hello!
The weeks don't seem to exist. The days just disappear. Crazy shtuffs.
A lot of amazing things happened this week. But I want to start by testifying of the power of the Holy Ghost.
The Holy Ghost is Gods personal messenger for you, through him, God can communicate with you. But you will only feel his influence when you are willing and trying to live in righteous ways. The Gift of the Holy Ghost as your constant companion is promised to you as you are baptized with the proper authority and covenant with God to keep His commandments, always remember Him, and take upon yourself the name of Jesus Christ. This precious gift binds you to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and allows you to feel their influence in your life more clearly.
I promise and testify that these things are true. I know it without a doubt because of the influence the promptings of the Holy Ghost have had on me throughout my life and on my mission. By following those promptings, I have been brought to where I am today. And I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Lately, journaling has become a chore rather than an enjoyable and meaningful experience. I found that I was just writing the events of the day and they held no real significance to me when I re-read them. What I've recently started doing is using my time to journal as time to reflect on the times and places and ways I felt the presence and influence of the Holy Ghost in my day. It has eliminated any feelings of unworthiness, or inadequacy. Because the holy Ghost cannot dwell in unholy places. So if I'm feeling it throughout the day I must be living worthy of him, I must be striving to keep commandments, remember God and Jesus Christ, and take Christ's name upon myself. Otherwise the Holy Ghost wouldn't be with me.
Our friend Vianna, loves the Holy Ghost. Something that struck her about the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is that she noticed we talk about the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit a lot. She has the strongest desire to have the Holy Ghost with her all the time and has chosen to prepare to make her first covenant with God through baptism so she can receive the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. As we taught her yesterday, she shared with us the most amazing, AND TRUE doctrine of the Holy Ghost. She said, "without the Holy Ghost we cannot make decisions that will align us with God's will." Oh my bardownski! Who says that!? People prepared by God, that's who. She is 110% correct! It made me think of something that the living Prophet of God, Russell M. Nelson said a couple years ago, "In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost." Vianna is so prepared for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I want to invite you to reflect on the ways you feel the power of the Holy Ghost in your life. If you are living a life worthy of it, I promise you will feel it. And if you are feeling it, I invite you to follow it! It will take you places you never knew you needed to go.
I love you all many bunches! Go give them Heaven!
Live,
Sister Court




No comments:
Post a Comment