Another 6 weeks have come and gone! I'm staying in Etobicoke for another transfer! But big sads because sister Beckwith is leaving!
This past transfer has honestly been such a blur. I've hardly had time to think about anything. And now that everything is changing again I'm thinking about all the things I've learned. So I'll share a few thoughts and tidbits from the land of the cokeš„¤.
#1 Cherish the time God gives you to wrestle with Him
I need this time with God. Even the times that feel like God's not talking back. Sometimes I just need to sit and let Him pat me on the top of the head and say nothing. Because I know with my whole heart that He is always listening.
#2 Listen to learn and have empathy
I've been studying this a lot lately and something that has stuck out to me was the importance of listening with genuine caring. Often times when listening what people need is for us to just listen and show them we truly care. Not because we completely understand but because we know that Jesus Christ does. Not because we have all of the answers but because we know they can turn to a loving Heavenly Father who does.
#3 Finding home and holy places
I'm relearning this lesson. This is my goal for the upcoming transfer. To find home again here in Etobicoke in this ward with all these wonderful humans. So stay tuned to hear all about that one! It's been harder to find home here, but i know I can and will because Jesus is all around. If I found him on the dodgy ttc in downtown Toronto (I love that place and miss it more than I can say) then I can find it here in Etobicoke!
Anywho... I love you all so many bunches! Go give the world Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly Fridge Phrases!!
♡condemning others damns personal progression -elder Smith
♡do you believe in your heart that the saviour stands next to you? -elder uchtdorf
♡sometimes the bitter cup comes from God -sister peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment