Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Spring, Spring, wherefore art thou Spring?
I'm getting a little tired of the collection of both winter and spring jackets that are overflowing the coats hooks at our back door. Not to mention the ridiculous combination of snow boots, shoes and flip flops that are scattered all over the floor of our entrance way.
It snowed again last night. Spring is being a bit of a tease this year. I say it as though this is something unusual. We get a couple of beautiful 15-20C spring weather days, and then in a blink of an eye the snow has returned again. One just doesn't ever know if you are going to need the spring jacket and flip flops or the winter jacket and snow boots. We have days where I have left the house in flip flops and spring jacket and when I've returned home the driveway is in need of a good shoveling. My kids have left the house for school in the morning with their winter jackets and snow boots, but have returned home in their school shoes carrying their winter jackets having left their snow boots at school. It is really getting ridiculous. Can we just have spring already? OK, I know, this is what a typical spring in Southern Alberta is really like...I'm looking for that picturesque "Spring" that is depicted in seasonal calendars, calendars that were put together by people who have obviously never lived in Southern Alberta.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahah Mandy - those moments and picture are 'frozen' in time! I love the posts you make like this. Keep them coming. Love Aunt Linda
ReplyDelete