He had just turned 7. He was one of my mom's greatest surprises. My mom had him at the age of 42, I was 18 and in my first semester of University. I was old enough to be his mom, and indeed, was mistaken for his mom many many times. His name is Tyson Dee, I have always called him Ty Dee, it's funny because he is anything but tidy. Through the years he has become the bestest uncle babysitter ever. What other teenage boy do you know who knows how to swaddle a baby? How about change the odd diaper? or how about put up with a crying baby for a couple of hours and not go completely crazy? Yeah, he can do all of that, and so much more. One day he will make a very special young woman very happy and he'll be a well prepared daddy.
Today, this little boy entered the MTC. He is heading off to Jacksonville Florida to serve a mission for the LDS church. I guess he's not so little anymore.
It makes me all teary thinking about him being gone for two years. We will miss our uncle babysitter. But I am so proud of him. He is going to be a wonderful missionary. And it will be so wonderful for my kids to have him to look up to, and write letters to, and pray for. And we'll be here when he gets back, all a little older, a little taller(at least the kids), and with just as much love as ever.


Yes the time certainly flew by and we left him in the hands of a young Host missionary knowing he was ready to go and serve and some how that eased the pain of separation.
ReplyDeleteThe thing I just can't get over is how much your girls look like him! :)
ReplyDeleteMissions are the best. Your family will be blessed as you write him and discuss the things he is doing.
Isn't it fun to the the older sister?! I love to watch my sibs grow and reflect on the little people they used to be! My sister was 8 when we got married and it has been super fun to watch her grow and start her own family.