| The cool new hang out on top of the shed |
Friday, September 14, 2012
Fits of Fury
So, the boy was super tired at supper time tonight. He hadn't had a nap today because we were all to busy playing in water outside. I figured we better take advantage of this fabulously summery afternoon just in case it is the last.
However with out his nap, he had become a monster and wouldn't eat his supper. So when he and I had finally had enough, I washed him up, all the while he screamed "NOOOOO" at me. Once I had him all washed up, I put him in his pajama's while he continued to scream "NNNNNOOOOOOOO". I put him in his bed and he hit me and told me to "GO AWAY". So I kissed him and told him I loved him, he insisted I "GO AWAY". I asked if we should sing lullabies, He said "NO SUNBEAMS, GO AWAY". So I kissed him once more and told him good night and went to the door. He threw himself down on his bed and cried "Sunbeams please" in a less screaming voice. He hugged his blanket and cried while I sang him "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam". He cried a little bit less. I said "Night Night sleep tight" and through his tears he said "night night, love you too", to which I answered "I love you too" and shut the door. He cried for a little while longer, but has already stopped crying in just the time it has taken me to type this post and I am sure he is already asleep. Even in his fury, he demanded his bed time routine. I love that boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great patient mom. Glad you spent the nice afternoon outside playing.
ReplyDelete