Friday, July 13, 2012

My Birthday so far

Last night, my fabulous hubby brought me home these pretties.

Kathryn told me yesterday that we wouldn't be jogging this morning because it was my birthday and I was supposed to sleep in until 10am. This morning, I was served breakfast in bed at 7:30am. I guess the kids were to excited to pamper me that they just couldn't wait. After breakfast, I went back to bed for an hour. When I got up and got dressed the girls then gave me a manicure and a pedicure and they did my hair.
My Happy Birthday Balloon
Kathryn once heard me tell someone that I hadn't had a birthday cake since I'd been married because I haven't had anyone to make me one. My husband is more of the "bring me a slice of cheesecake" type, and I have no problems with that. Last year Kathryn made me a mini cake in her Easy bake oven. This year she took it up a notch and baked me a real cake all on her own. This is no ordinary cake mix cake. No this is the best chocolate cake recipe that exists in the world today, "Grandma Paxman's Best Ever Chocolate Cake". I told her that it was important to follow the directions exactly. She did. I snuck a little taste before the cake went in the oven and it was spot on. When those cakes came out, they were PERFECT. I then told her how to make icing and I got out the left over marshmallow fondant from the b-day cakes I had made in May. I made sure it was still mold-able and then she told me to go have a nap so she could decorate it.
She even had to go and put my age on it...
Kymberly let me borrow her special crown.
Blowing out the candles
Perfection!
Now we have just finished eating the cake...before supper. It's my party, I can do what I want to....actually the kids were begging so I gave in. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. The cake, by the way, was delicious. The kid may have found her calling in life.

My Birthday Dinner. YUMMY!!!!





3 comments:

  1. Your sweet girls are as clever as you are. I am glad they are spoiling you because you deserve it. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a blast! NIce work on the cake, ladies! You ARE as smart as your mom!

    ReplyDelete