Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's Party Time

Last week Kymberly asked me to help her write her birthday list.

Today, I tried to do my best to fulfill her list.

Breakfast in bed...check

Fix Hootie...check. Hootie is a stuffed owl that I made for her a couple of years ago. His wing was coming loose and she has been asking me to fix it for months.

Mooshi Monster Stuffy...check(courtesy of Tansley's creativity). Tansley got the idea to make a stuffy out of an old tuque from a crafty book she has so I helped her put it together.

Barbie set...check(courtesy of a second hand store). I had actually bought this barbie furniture for the doll house months ago, but had completely forgotten about it, so glad it came in handy.

Rainbow Cake...well she changed her mind to ice cream cake...bless her heart. I was not looking forward to baking a cake in this heat. A part of me felt a little guilty for not baking her a cake and decorating it all fancy...but then I had a slice of that ice cream cake and all guilt was washed away. 

And once she had a taste of it, she declared it the bestest birthday cake ever...check.

We also sang Happy Birthday to her numerous times(check) and I gave her plenty of birthday hugs and kisses(check). We did forget to give her a present before breakfast, and I completely forgot about the ball on the end of the string thingy(what ever that was), but she didn't miss it.

We met with some friends at the spray park and had pudding and popcorn wars...
When all was said and done Kymberly declared it the bestest Birthday(check) and assured me that she had a Happy Birthday Day(check).

Success


2 comments:

  1. That sounds perfectly AWESOME!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE popcorn wars! Pudding though, gotta try it!

    Happy birthday to your little miss.

    ReplyDelete