Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Superman

Recently we've been listening to "Superman's Song" by the Crashtest Dummies an awful lot. Daniel get's on these kicks where he will listen to one song over and over and over, where ever we are. This is how our children choose their favorite songs. The list includes "I want to know what love is" by Foreigner, "Separate Ways" by Journey, and "Shape of my Heart" by the Backstreet Boys, just to name a few. "Superman's Song" has now been added to the list. If you don't know the song, or it's been a decade or so since you've heard it, you can take a listen here.


While driving in the Van the other day the girls asked if we could listen to the Superman song. So I put it on. We listened to it once, then twice...and then again. I started telling the girls about the Superman movies and explaining some of what the song was talking about. A few days later we were over at a friends house. We were sitting around visiting. The TV happened to be on, and one thing led to another and we were suddenly watching the first Superman movie. The girls thought it was pretty awesome. James came and went doing his own thing. Yesterday, it was chasing him down to put him to bed. I grabbed his blanket and wrapped it around him and scooped him up. I then plopped him down in his crib(yes he's two and I still put him in the crib...I like the confinement). He laid there on his tummy with his blanket wrapped around him like a cape. He stretched out his arms and said "SUPERMAN!" and then proceeded to make flying noises. And this after only watching the movie once, and even then it's not like he sat and watched the whole thing, he was too busy playing with the pinball machine. He would then make his stuffed cow fly through the air saying "Superman!" followed by the swishing flying noises. What a kid. I tell you he's all boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment