..the best one yet, so the kids say. The activity was to make a fort and have dinner in it. I wanted an easy dinner that kids could eat in a fort with out making a big mess. I had seen on Pinterest pizzas cut into Christmas shapes, so I thought that would be the perfect thing. We had company, Dan Court and his wife Pam, over for dinner. Yes you read that right, we had Dan Court and his wife Pam over for dinner. So, to clarify, in attendance at dinner, were Dan Court, his wife Mandy(me) and 4 children; and Dan Court and his wife Pam. Weird...a little bit. Dan and Dan are related some how; first cousin's once removed or something like that. Dan and his wife have recently moved into our ward. They live in Warner. They have bought this old church and are renovating it; it will one day become a B&B....funny because when the church first went up for sale I dreamed of doing just that with it. It is a beautiful building with an amazing yard. They have joked that when they are ready to sell it they'll keep it in the family and sell it to us, perfect, then I won't have to do all the work of renovating it. Any how, as you have discerned, we now have two Dan Courts in our ward...it can make church really interesting, like the Sunday that Dan Court(Milk River) was released as Ward mission leader, and then they called Dan Court(Warner) as Ward mission leader.
So anyways back to the purpose of this post...while the kids and dad made the perfect fort. Pam and I made pizza's.
It was an afternoon of adventure, creativity and good company. And yes, I am the coolest mom ever; at least my kids assigned me that title yesterday...we'll see if they still feel the same way when they get home from school this afternoon and have to clean their bedrooms.
No comments:
Post a Comment