First thing Christmas morning(and by first thing I mean at 8am...my kids always sleep in Christmas morning....strange because they are always up around 6am nearly every other morning) the kids had a chance to check out what was in their stockings before having a quick breakfast and heading to church. As tradition has it, they found a new pair of PJ's. This year, Santa commissioned his helper to make pretty silky nightgowns for the girls(all made from fabric and trim that Santa's helper had acquired for free). The boy got some warm fleecy PJ's also made from free fabric.
After a simple breakfast, we all got dressed up in the outfits that I have been working on into the wee hours of the morning for days on end....but it was all worth it...look how pretty they all are(my girls that is)!
And the boys...are handsome too!
(you can't see it in these pictures, but the vests have a teal stripe that matches the teal dresses)
I even found just enough time to make me a quick simple skirt(don't ask about the other skirt that I spent a couple of hours on...and then it didn't fit) so that I would look like I belonged with the group. Because I had run out of time to create a top for me, on Christmas eve I happened to find a cute top to match...and it was on sale for 70% off! My handsome hunk is so tall. I thought I had made the vest long enough...next time I'll have to add an inch or two.




No comments:
Post a Comment