Just as I finish putting my makeup on, lookin' all gorgeous and ready to go to the ward Christmas party...my darling Kymberly throws up on the couch downstairs. She comes upstairs crying. I help her get out of her clothes and head down stairs to clean up the couch and throw what I can in the laundry. Daniel calls to tell me he's almost home and to be ready so we can head out the door to the party. I tell him that Kymberly just threw up and that I probably wont be going. I hang up and come back upstairs. James hands me a musical snow globe that he is fascinated with. He wants me to wind it up. I wind it up and put it down on the table. He picks it up and starts to walk away with it. Kathryn tries to help by trying to take it away from him, but he gets mad and throws it on the kitchen floor....water and glass everywhere. Now James is crying because it scared him and Kymberly is crying even more because she loved that snow globe. As I am kneeling on the floor mopping up the water and picking up bits of broken glass, Kymberly gags, I recognize the signs of her about to throw up, so I tell her to go to the bathroom. She doesn't quite make it to the toilet and now we have projectile vomit all over the bathroom. Daniel walks in the door. I help Kymberly out of her clothes again...lucky for me the washer isn't that far into it's cycle, I can just add these clothes along with the bathmat and towel to it. I get that mess cleaned up. Put James' socks, shoes and jacket on and send the kids out the door with Dad. Now I'm stuck at home with a sick kid while everyone else heads off to the party...nothing like wasting perfectly good makeup for a night in...all by my lonesome.
I read a saying on Pinterest that goes like this "I have an irrational fear of wasting a good outfit on an insignificant day". I have to say this is so very true for me. However I fear wasting good, expensive makeup on an insignificant day even more. I don't buy a lot of makeup, but I recently(and by recently I mean in May) bought some good expensive(at least more money than I have EVER spent on makeup...combined...OK, that might be a bit of an exaggeration) eye make up that I love and I want it last forever. Putting make up on at 5:30pm and then sitting around home with nobody, certainly qualifies as an insignificant day. On top of that....I don't even know what I am going to eat for supper.
Being a Mom is sometimes one of the pukiest jobs!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful, and now you didn't "waste" it, you shared it with all of us! :)
Hope your house gets better soon. Being sick is not fun.