Paul Brandt came to little ol' Milk River and put on a concert. But it wouldn't have happened if it had not been for Dr. Liesl Lewke-Bogle. She was nominated for the Small Town Hero's contest that the UFA and Paul Brandt put together. You can read more about it here. Through the summer, our community pulled together and voted over and over again. Believing that our Doctor was indeed deserving of the win. And win she did, but then when you read her story(click on her name in the previous link) you'll see why, to all of us, it was an obvious choice. As a result of her win Paul Brandt came here and put on an amazing concert.
Initially, I didn't think I would be able to go. Tickets sold out within the first day, and I wasn't even aware of what day they were being sold, some time in December. My brain was obviously somewhere else. I was pretty bummed. But then the day before the concert my husband, with out my knowing, started hunting for tickets, and he found two!!! The plan was that he would stay home with the kids and Kathryn and I would go to the concert. Tansley was devastated that she would not be able to go with us.
I took all the kids down to the UFA Thursday afternoon, because Paul Brandt was going to be there signing autographs. So we took some of my CD's for him to sign and we crowded into the tiny UFA and had our turn at getting our pictures taken with him and getting his autograph.
Funny story. As I was lifting Kymberly up to sit on the counter so that she could be in the picture, I totally bonked her head on the corner. And if you know Kymberly you know that she can be a bit loud when she cries. Paul tried to cheer her up by asking her to share her popcorn...she said no. He then asked her about the pretty blue braid in her hair. Finally that worked and we were able to get a picture. you can see more photos here.
Thursday afternoon(the day of the concert), I got a call from a friend asking if I had found a ticket. I told her I had but that I would be interested in another one. Long story short. I found one more which meant that I could take Tansley too. When she got home from school I told her the news and she was ECSTATIC! The entire time at the concert Tansley had the biggest grin on her face. She declared her self Paul Brandt's biggest fan. I had no idea that she would love it so much and I was so thrilled that I was able to get a ticket for her.
Here are a couple of video's I took
This was definitely the best $60($20/ticket) that I have spent in a long time. I have been a fan of his from the very beginning. When he hits those really deep low notes, I melt...and live in concert, 10 rows from the front, was exhilarating. My children now LOVE Paul Brandt. He's been the talk of the town for months now, and he will be for months to come.
What a wonderful thing for you to take your girls to.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! I love Paul Brandt and love that he is so down to earth (hence the willingness to play in small towns). We saw him 11 years ago and loved the concert. So glad you were able to experience that with your girls!
ReplyDeleteOh man! So awesome!! I could listen to him all day, every day!
ReplyDelete