Monday, October 18, 2010

SAMM, oh SAMM, how fun is SAMM?

OK, so this past week I didn't actually make anything exciting...it's hard to make exciting things when it is just before payday and your fridge is nearly empty. BUT, I did make something the week before, and because Mitz didn't do a SAMM last week I am prepared to share it today.

You can go here for the actual recipe, but I made a few changes so I'll tell you what I did.

Italian Chicken Pasta

Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup(low fat)
4 oz  low-fat cream cheese(half a package)
About 1 cup 1% milk
Some Italian seasoning(I think about a tablespoon...I didn't measure)
2 cloves garlic, pressed
16 oz cooked pasta (your choice)
I added 1 red pepper, cut in slices, broccoli florets, and spinach, because that is what I had in the fridge. You could add whatever veggies you like.

Directions

Cook chicken in non-stick skillet with a little olive oil and the Italian seasoning until no longer pink.
Add  about a table spoon of oil to the skillet. Add peppers and broccoli  and pressed garlic to the skillet and saute until tender crisp. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside.
Oh look at all those yummy veggies!
In the skillet soften cream cheese slightly.
Add the soup stirring and heating until blended and smooth.
Add enough milk to thin sauce to your liking.
Toss cooked pasta with chicken and vegetables and sauce.
Serve and enjoy.
Doesn't this just look so yummy? Well it is!
As always I am linking up with Mitz for Share A Meal Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I have a VERY similar crockpot recipe - I was going to post it today but didn't, how funny. This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete