So, I started cleaning up the garage today. Collecting the recycle that had overflowed and putting away camping gear that was the original cause for the chaos that was in the garage. You see when we got home from our trip to Victoria(way back at the beginning of August) we were to tired to unpack right away. I eventually got around to unpacking the van...into the garage. The plan was to put it away when I had time...apparently I never found the time. And since we couldn't park in the garage because of the camping gear, other stuff just got put in there...and the recycle started to over flow. Today I decided it was time to tackle the job, and in so doing I solved the Case of the Missing Kitty.
OK, so lets back up. On our way to Victoria we stopped at my cousin, Kimber's place in Moses Lake. In the morning when we were packing up we could not find Kymberly's favorite kitty (Oh how she loved that kitty)anywhere. We looked and looked and it was nowhere to be found. I couldn't even recall seeing her with it since we left the Libby Dam the day before. But Kathryn insisted that she had seen Kymberly with it at Kimber's house. After much searching we decided that it must be in the van somewhere and we headed on our way. When we were leaving Victoria, Daniel completely unpacked and repacked the van and the kitty was nowhere to be found. We figured it must have fallen out of the van at a gas station along the way somewhere and Daniel and I vowed to never speak of it and maybe Kymberly wouldn't notice...Thankfully she never did have a break down over the missing kitty, but she has asked me if I have seen it and I've just told her that I didn't know where it was...until today.I was putting away the camp bedding back into their storage bins, which meant folding them all nicely. As I was folding Kymberly's sleeping bag I discovered a lump. I put my hand in, and what to my wondering surprise did I pull out? But Kymberly's favorite kitty! The last time we had used our sleeping bags was at Kimber's house! To think, if we would have just unpacked and put everything away sooner...say like within a week of getting home, this mystery would have been solved along time ago.

Haha, well I'm glad it turned up.
ReplyDeleteAh, jealous, wish I had a garage to hide things I don't want to tackle. :)