Monday, October 4, 2010

It's S.A.M.M again!

As per the rules I am linking up with my sister-in-law's blog for Share A Meal Monday.Once again I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe sites sparkrecipes.com . I did a few things differently to make it my own. I didn't have the suggested seasoned tomatoes, so I sauteed the chicken with some fresh garlic(3 cloves) and about 1/2 tbsp(maybe even more...I didn't actually measure) each of dried basil and oregano and used a 16oz can of diced tomatoes. I left out the mushrooms, nobody in our house is very fond of mushrooms, except my husband, and he wasn't at home for dinner. We topped it off with some Parmesan cheese, because really, isn't that what you are supposed to do with pasta? I would suggest to add some salsa for anyone who likes a little more kick in their tomato sauce, but it was yummy just the way it was. My kids all loved it and asked if we could have it again the next day.

Chicken, Broccoli and Mushroom with Penne Pasta Skillet

Ingredients

    1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 Inch cubes 
    8 oz. package of sliced fresh mushrooms 
    2 cans Hunts Diced Tomatoes w/Basil, Garlic and Oregano 
    16 oz. package of whole wheat Penne pasta 
    10 oz. package frozen broccoli 
    1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions 

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile in large skillet, heat olive oil and brown chicken pieces. Add broccoli and mushrooms, continue to cook until vegetables are soft and chicken is no longer pink, add the canned tomatoes and heat through.

Drain pasta, add to skillet, mix well.

Number of Servings: 6

3 comments:

  1. Yum, I would add the mushrooms and take away the chicken...but agree...kick is good, as is cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I'll have to try this one too! Thanks for linking up although it's not showing on my page - wanna try again?!

    ReplyDelete