Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween (part 4)... Trunk-or-Treat.

 Here are all of our pumpkins on display. The two that didn't get carved have stickers on them...a quick easy way to make a jack-o-lantern(kinda).
 This is what Daniel wore to work today, along with his hockey gear, skates included. At least that is what he told me he was wearing. I wasn't even aware that he left this morning. I woke up suddenly and looked at the clock, it said 8:15am. I rolled over to tell Daniel he had slept in, but he was already gone.
 Here are my spooky kids all dressed up and ready for Trunk-or-Treating. For any one that doesn't know what that is, it goes like this...
all of the particpants park their vehicles in the parking lot of the church with the trunks facing out.
You can decorate your trunk, it is encoraged.
The kids then go from trunk to trunk for treats.
I had a bean bag toss game that I made the kids play before I would give them a treat.


Tansley as a friendly witch.


Kymberly the spooky witch. This kid just can't sit still, I took three pictures before this one, and she wasn't looking at me in any of them.


Kathryn, the Evil queen. She won a prize for Favorite costume.
This is the only picture of my costume. The fully body view which included James in his Tigger costume didn't turn out, but it doesn't matter, this is the most important part. If you can't see what they are, those are smarty boxes taped to my legs...thus making me a "smarty pants". hahahaha!



All in all the evening was a success. We had a handful of non members come from the community. A great time was had by all playing a few games, drinking hot chocolate, laughing, chatting and just being kids(adults included).I think the kids might have ended up with at least double the candy that they would have going door to door....not to mention all the candy that I have left over. Everyone seemed to have a great time, however, I am glad it is over.

3 comments:

  1. It was so much fun Mandy. You guys did a great job. Sorry the pic of you and James didn't turn out. I think I took one of the two of you though. I'll post it and then you can copy it if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? He wore a real pumpkin on his head?! Ewww.... My scalp burns, just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love the "Smartie Pants", and Kathryn's costume is awesome!

    ReplyDelete