When cleaning the kitchen it seams logical to first clear the table, actually I usually first sweep the floor because I don't like walking on all the crumbs and stuff that has found its way onto the floor...again. Then to unload and load the dishwasher. Moving on to cleaning the counters and stove. Once that is done you may wash any dishes that did not go into the dishwasher for one reason or another. And then last of all, at least according to my usual logic, the floor will get mopped.
BUT...
Lately I usually get through the loading of the dishwasher and sometimes cleaning off the counters and the stove before my darling James seems to need my attention. As a result, my floor has been in need of a "real" mop for a long time. I say "real" mop because Kathryn has been a doll and mopped the floor for me a few times since James has been born, but that kind of mopping only makes the floor look OK for a day or two.
So tonight, I decided that I was sick of my sticky, dingy floor. I had had enough. It was time to depart from my logic. Tonight, I swept the floor, moved the chairs into the living room, stacked what ever needed moving on the table or the counters. Filled my mop bucket and preceded to mop the floor. My floor is now sparkling clean. However if you are planning to come to my house for a visit before tomorrow afternoon, when you come in the back door, just keep your head down and admire my nice clean floor. Don't look up, don't look around at my messy counters full of dishes that need loaded into the dishwasher and whatever else is piled there. No, just admire my non sticky, non dingy floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment