Thursday, January 21, 2010

A hate/hate relationship

I hate my hair. A more truthful statement is that I hate wasting time fussing with my hair. And yes it is a waste of time. I have stupid hair. It won't hold a curl of any size or shape for more than say, 20 minutes, on a good day. As soon as I am done fussing with it and walk out the door, it's gone flat and straight. Not to mention that the only time my hair will even be some what reasonable is when I first get out of the shower and put a fresh handful of some sticky crap in and blow dry it. I don't have time to jump in the shower and wash my hair every time I want to leave the house. As a result, my hair looks blah most of the time. I look at some of the other mom's picking up their pre-school kids and wish that I had their ambition to make my hair look that decent every time I stepped out of the house. But the truth is, I just don't care and I just really don't know how. I like to try to make it look nice when I go out with my husband and every Sunday for church, but it always seems to be a failure. I've tried all kinds of hair styles. Right now it's kind of a short inverted bob thingy(that's what the hair dresser called it), it looked great when it was first cut and with a simple blow dry it looked half decent and it was fairly easy to make look pretty good....but only for about the first two weeks. My hair grows ridiculously fast on a normal day...and now that I am pregnant, you can multiply that speed by at least two. I think my husband might be on to something when he says I should grow my hair long again. Sure it is hot and heavy, and doesn't have very much body because I have SO much hair, not to mention that in between stage is a real pain in the butt. But at least when it is long I can pull it up in a pony tail or a nifty bun and feel some what put together.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain.  I get a super cute cut and the next day it sucks!  How can sleeping one night make it so?!

    I figure it should be fashionable to be bald!  THAT would solve all the problems!

    I also wish I could be as put together as some women and look as stunning everytime I left the house.  Somedays I feel pretty, some not so much, but when seeing some other women, I feel downright dowdy!

    Must be a woman thing?  That is what I blame it on!  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly why I keep mine long. I think we have the same hair--genetically this is a real possibility, you know. I got it cut once and it was cute, etc, etc, if I had time to "do" it with hot rollers, and then it only looked good maybe through Sacrament meeting. If I was lucky. At least with long hair, I can blow it straight, turn under the ends with a flat iron, and it looks okay for a day. Or. I can gather it up in a wet bun and it stays looking decent all day. At least like I washed it, and not just rolled out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXACTLY! I always feel like I look like I just rolled out of bed....except when I have just got out of the shower.

    ReplyDelete