Saturday, January 16, 2010
We might be a bit anxious for the real thing.
It was warm this afternoon with out any wind. The girls and I were all out side. I was cleaning stuff up off the lawn that was left there before the snow came...like one of our snow shovels, and now since the chinook has melted nearly all of the snow away these items could be found and put in their proper place. As I was thus employed, a brilliant idea came to me, "We should have a fire" I thought, "Ooh, and roast hot dogs too!". And so it was. I went to the grocery store and bought some hotdogs and hotdog buns. Then I collected some fire wood and newspaper and began building a fire. The girls were ecstatic about the idea. We sat around our fire and ate hotdogs and drank hot chocolate until our toshies were cold. It was a great lunch...much better than boring peanut butter sandwiches in our boring kitchen. Though the weather may have some elements of spring...I can assure you, it is still very much winter.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We had the same idea only with hamburgers today for lunch! It is beeeee-utiful out there! :)
ReplyDelete