I have read so many friends random 25 things that it has made me think of so many other things about myself that I wanted to make note of, for myself. And since I use this as another journal type thing, and I thought that others might also be interested, I'm going to post another 25 things...if I can think of a whole 25 more. Let see what we've got...
- I spent the first 3 years of my university career studying in Computer Science. There were a lot of aspects that I liked about computer science. But there was just enough stuff that I didn't like that I basically hated my third year...and I had the grades to show it.
- I lived in Victoria, BC for 10 months in 1997-98. In that short time I met many people that I felt like I had known for a lifetime. Two of whom I miss immensely and wish that we lived closer...thank goodness for facebook.
- I have never kissed any one but my husband.
- Number 3 is not because I was against kissing before marriage.
- Number 3 was a result of not dating anyone except my husband.
- Number 5 is not because I was against dating one on one in my younger years.
- Number 5 was a result of being the type of person everyone just wanted to be friends with. Often the third wheel.
- I didn't have a guy ask me for my phone number until I was in a serious relationship with my future husband. And then they came all at once. Lets see, there was park security guy(not so good looking) that would always come by and talk to me while I ate my lunch in the park. There was Telus guy(quite good looking), who came across the hall at the mall to the store I worked in to borrow a ladder. There was the gorgeous black guy that came into my store to buy luggage, although he didn't ask for my #, he asked me out to dinner. And then there was the not to bad looking guy that tried to pick me up on the way up the hill at the UofL, and ended up being in my religous studies class. All of these happened in about a 4 or 5 month period.
- I think that having men actually interested in me (besides my future husband) boosted my confidence, and helped me to look at myself in a new light.
- When I went back to University, I majored in something totally opposite from computer science. I studied ancient languages, with a side of Religious Studies and Philosophy.
- My last three years of University were the most amazing years. And I had the grades to show for it.
- I was terrible at learning French. I was pretty good at reading it, OK at writing it, but really sucked at speaking it and understanding someone else speak it.
- I love ancient languages. They are dead languages, therefore nobody speaks them and I don't have to speak them, Just read and occasionally write.
- My soul purpose in my last three years of university was so that I could read the bible in it's original languages, Hebrew and Greek.
- I wish that I used this knowledge more.
- I was a huge suck up to my philosophy prof. I discovered that he loved snacks and candies. I had his class just before lunch and I always had something to snack on, he always helped himself to my snacks(as he would with anyone that had snacks). One class he let the class know that if we really wanted to suck up to him we would bring him gumdrops or curry. Others had tried, and others had failed because they did not bring gumdrops. They brought jujubes. One day I brought gumdrops. I was his favorite the rest of the semester. I am not ashamed. Philosophy was a new way of thinking for me, I needed all the help I could get.
- I dated my husband for two years before we got married at the very old age of 25.
- Shortly after I met my husband in Grade 10, I had the very distinct thought that I was going to marry him. We didn't start dating each other until about a year after he returned home from his mission.
- I lived on the same farm as my Grandparents until I was 5. We moved to Lethbridge in 1981. My parents are still in that same house. I will be very sad if the day ever comes that my parents sell that house.
- I have one sister, and 6 brothers. Our house had 4 real bedrooms (and a room that was at times used as a bedroom) and one bathroom.
- I've worked at a dentists office, a tire shop, Walmart, a gas station, 4 different fabric stores, a craft store, a luggage store, a hotel in Waterton(as mentioned in the other 25) and as a student marker(I marked first year computer science papers).
- I went to Hawaii when I was 15 for a band trip...that was really rough.
- I've always wanted to conduct a huge orchestra that was playing a really invigorating piece.
- As I drove to Lethbridge today, I wondered how many millions of miles of electrical wire must span our country...you could see power lines forever, heading off into nowhere. I then thought about how you could likely connect every house in this fair country using said power lines and suddenly wished I had a REALLY big map so that I could try to connect me to my friends via power lines.
- I'm really struggling to come up with this last one....oh...I forgot I was going to write this one earlier. When I was a child(about 6years old) I used to have this recurring nightmare about a polka dot machine. I was pushing my little brother(I think Neil) in his stroller, and suddenly there was this machine and some how my little brother would get sucked into this machine and he would come out all covered in polka dots. It freaked me out.
That was fun. I think I should force myself to think of random things more often. Don't be surprised if you see a similar post some time in the future.
Please do! I love reading your random facts. Did you ever think that being in love is what made you absolutely glow? Maybe it was your confidence that attracted all the new men in such a short time!
ReplyDeleteAfter I finished this and went to bed at 2am, I laid awake for awhile thinking of more random things, mostly things I could remember about my childhood years, pre-High School. So there will definitely be another post coming.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you did another 25 things! Reading everyone else's list totally got me thinking and I was like ah man, I want to do it again! Now maybe I will! Oh and I'm sure it was Neil in your dream but I don't think it was polka dots, I think it was bruises!
ReplyDeleteI loved learning more about. #3-7 are exactly me too. It's nice to know I have that in common with someone. Can't wait to read the next 25!
ReplyDeleteI cannot stop giggling about the polka dot machine. I have NO IDEA WHY!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you did another 25! Michelle and I were talking about it a while ago that a couple times a day we would both think "Oh! I could have put that in my 25!" I could probably do another 25 too!
ReplyDelete