Friday, January 16, 2009

My weakness

Starting January first, I determined to eat smarter. Not so much go on a diet. Just eat smarter, better, wiser. And I have been doing really good. I love how I feel when I eat this way, and I know that by just eating smarter I can start to loose weight. I also determined to start riding my bike 3 or 4 times a week. I haven't been so good at that, infact I have yet to get on it, but I have been battling a very stubborn sinus cold for the past two weeks, and I just can't work up the desire to try. But this is not why I am blogging....
I have one weakness...no make that two weaknesses that I can not resist, nor will I even try. The first, which I think is a given for anyone that knows me, is Cheesecake in any variety. And no, I won't just eat half, it's either all or nothing. And since nothing is not an options, all it is! The second is home made cookies. We made chocolate chip cookies today...I picked in the cookie dough...a lot. And then I tried to eat only one....OK, I didn't try very hard. And now since I already blew the eating better deal today, I am now eating nachos and cheese with salsa and a bit of sour cream.

****I have since finished eating said nacho's and cheese. They were delicious at the time, but now that it is quarter after eleven....I feel kinda sickish. I knew that I would. It always happens this way. Once my body gets used to this "smart" way of eating, it always makes me feel sick if I eat a lot of something that I shouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that my body is smarter than me...I just don't seem to learn...or don't care, like tonight. I just really wanted those nachos, knowing full well that I would feel sick later, but I did it anyway. Oh well, it's enough to keep me from eating something dumb again for the next few weeks....except cheesecake or homemade cookies(which aren't dumb).

1 comment:

  1. Man ... do I want some nachos now!  Fortunately, I haven't had breakfast yet so I'll be able to convince myself to have an egg white burrito instead of all that cheesy goodness.
    yuuuummmm .... nachos
    ;)

    ReplyDelete