Friday, August 1, 2008

My baby is One.

Wow! Where did that year go? Kymberly just celebrated her first birthday yesterday. We had previously celebrated her birthday in Waterton on Monday with a very large Paxman clan. We had been out there all day playing with cousins and second cousins and aunts and uncles and so on and so forth. We then had a big potluck dinner and since my family was camping in Waterton for the remainder of the week and Grandma Kaye was still away on her big trip, we decided to just do cake with who ever was out in Waterton. It was the biggest 1st birthday party any of my kids have ever had.
Guests1Guests2Guests3Guests4Guests5Guests6Guests7Guests8
Here are just a few of the guests at the big party. It was a fabulous day, I love my extended Paxman family. We are pretty close to some of my moms cousins and their kids(who live in Washington), and it is always fun to get together with them every summer. My grandpa's brother always come up too, and that is such a treat because he reminds me of my Grandpa(Grandpa passed away almost 11 years ago). I remember the summer I was working in Waterton, Uncle Ross(my Grandpa brother) and his crew had come up for the first time in a really long time, Grandma had called me and told me to go find them in the campground. I had no idea where they were camping, but I just started walking and there in the distance, I saw my Grandpa...well actually it was Uncle Ross. It felt so good to see him. And then on Sunday at church Ross was sitting behind me, and as he sang, it brought such warmth to my heart because he sounded so much like my Grandpa. Grandpa had only been gone for 3 years at the time. I just love so much that they continue to come every summer.
Kymberly's CakeBig #1 Cake

SingingTesting, testingGood stuffSharingChocolaty mess
So back to Kymberly's birthday. On Monday she got her cake to eat in front of everyone. That was a fun thing, she wasn't so sure what to do with it at first. She has always been cautious of new foods, and cake and icing was no exception. However, she got right into it after awhile and made a nice chocolaty mess. Yesterday was her real Birthday.  It was a pretty low key day. We didn't open presents until Daddy was home form work and then she was just acting so silly. It was a lot of fun, as is the case with first birthday's.
Wanting a sneek peekOpening Tansley's giftDoll from KathrynBirthday Books

No comments:

Post a Comment