Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sweet Success!

I said No Thanks!
I said No Thanks!
No thanks Mom
No thanks mom
I have been trying for a month or so to get little miss Kymberly to eat baby cereal, drink formula and eat baby food, without any success. She is willing to drink from a bottle, but has never continued to eat once she has realized that it is not what she wants. Every time I have tried to feed her baby cereal she accepts the first bite, but then quickly purses her lips together and wont let the spoon in. If I do manage to get a bite in when she's not expecting it, she spits it all over me. We had quite the adventure yesterday with sweet potatoes...it was everywhere!

Mom, You are not listening
Mom, you are not listening.
Nnnoooo!!!!!!!!!!
NNNOOOOO!!!!!!
Well this afternoon when she woke up from her nap, I decided to try the bottle again. I made 2 oz of formula, sat in the rocking chair and first offered her the bottle, she wouldn't open up. So then I nursed her on one side, when she was done I gave her the bottle...and she drank it, almost all of it...with out any complaints!!!! I would have done the happy dance but I was to stunned to do anything but smile a big dumb grin! I may have actually one the bottle battle. Now on to the food battle.

2 comments:

  1. Why would you want that beautiful orange goop in her mouth?? It looks so adorable on her face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you want that beautiful orange goop in her mouth?? It looks so adorable on her face!!!!

    ReplyDelete