Friday, October 19, 2007

Chaos in Organization

Today I went out to Walmart and invested in 12 rubbermaid bins so that we could store our toys in a more organized fashion. I received my CTB cheque today, this is how I planned to buy said bins but for some reason Daniel put it in his pocket. I dropped him off at work and the preceded to Walmart, found the bins that were needed and headed to the check out. When it came time to pay I realized that I had forgot to cash the cheque and then realized that my dear darling Daniel had that cheque in his pocket and I knew that there was absolutely no money in the bank. So I kindly ask the cashier to suspend the transaction while I use the phone at customer service to call Daniel and have him transfer some money into our account via the online banking. Kymberly is screaming, Tansley refuses to come and stand with me and Kathryn insists that she has to go to the bathroom right now! Mean while I am on hold waiting for Daniel to answer the phone at work, he must be busy. Finally he picks up, and then laughs at me because I made it all the way to the check out with out realizing that I didn't have the cheque, but why did he have it in the first place? Twenty minutes and 50 cents for the candy machines later, the money finally shows up in the account. Lets get out of here! The girls were very excited with the idea of organizing the toys...until we get home and it's time to start organizing. First we went through the house and collected all the toys and then we started sorting. Kathryn is easily distracted and talks on endlessly about usually nothing, I keep trying to keep her on task, but two toys later and she's wandering again. Tansley is such a help, just as you get on bin full of toys, she takes out 5 or 6 and wonders off with them, scattering what we just collected all over the house again. It's the end of the day. The kids are asleep in bed and my living room looks worse now than it did this morning....oh well, I guess we'll tackle it again tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Wow ... I'm speechless. You're a better woman than me.  I never go shopping with my kids.  Then again, we have 24 hour Walmarts - so the chance to go AFTER the ankle biters are in bed is a reality. Not a dream.

    ReplyDelete