Thursday, October 25, 2007

Kids and naps

How does one conquer the taking naps to not taking naps transition? Here's my dilemma. Tansley has been soooo miserable the past few days, so on Monday I decide that she needs to have a nap, and even with said nap, she is fairly cranky when she wakes up (I know she's 2, I get it). But since then I have being paying for that nap. she wakes up earlier in the morning (I'm talking 5:30am or earlier) and doesn't go back to sleep until 6:30am or later, the rest of the morning she is a monster, by 2pm she is exhausted and wants to take a nap. and the cycle starts again. This morning she was up a 3am and in my bed...not sleeping and neither was I. Finally at 5am when Kymberly woke up to be nursed, Tansley went to her own bed only to get up with Kathryn just after 6am. No need to explain that she has be grumpy most of the day. So again at 2pm she wants a nap....it's 5:45pm and she is still sleeping (she has a cold today too, that might add to it). Not only is Tansley sleeping but so is Kathryn. At 4pm Kathryn got herself all worked up about spelling words that she went into a hysteric crying fit and went to her room, and I ignored her, knowing that she was going to fall asleep but not really caring because I just wanted her to stop with the hysterics so I could enjoy some non-hysteric-yelling-grumpy time to myself. Once Kathryn is a sleep, it is BAD news to wake her up when she is not ready to wake up, so I let her sleep, and I continue to let Tansley sleep. Bad ideas I know, but sometimes one just doesn't have the energy or gumph to even care...and so it is with me today. Will I pay for it? Undoubtedly. In all likelihood they will be up untill who knows when tonight, and be up at 6am or earlier in the morning and our Friday will be another napping or napless adventure.



5 comments:

  1. hmmmm... Have you went to the doctor and had your kids scanned for barracuda viruses yet??? I had a friend whose kids had those, they were unbearable... until he flushed them down the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of that. I'll get on that asap. I here those barracuda viruses can be nasty...I guess Kevin knows a thing or two about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [this is good] I worry that some may misinterpret my comment.To clarify, he flushed the kids down the toilet, not the virus... the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you doing awake at 3:30am? everyone but nursing moms should be asleep then.  My kids are too tall to flush down the toilet...they'd plug up the whole city system...any other ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids never napped after like 12 months.  I envy the napping mother.  lol ... really - the mother who is napping.  I want a nap ...

    ReplyDelete