So many things to be excited for!
Our friend Max was baptized and confirmed on Sunday. He's a refugee from Ukraine, & he has had to learn the language of the spirit. When we first started teaching him, we could only teach a little at a time. He understood pretty much nothing we were saying. BUT as he spent more & more time with the spirit we were able to teach more & more things of the spirit at a time.
As max became one with the spirit, the things of the spirit were able to sink deep into his heart. Like in 2 Nephi 31:3 which says "For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding." As Max learned more of the language of the spirit, God was able to help him more according to his understanding, because that understanding was increasing! It was and still is a gradual process. But now that Max has the gift of the Holy Ghost, I know that it will be increasingly easier for Max to learn the language and the things of the spirit.
The things that were once mysterious and unsearchable will become clear and plain to understand. That is what God promises us when we come unto him and repent and are baptized. He promises that his mysteries will be unfolded before us and we will know by the spirit all things that we need to do. 2 Nephi 32:5 "if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do."
One more cool moment!
I went on exchanges with Sister Davis. As we were out finding we recognized that we both needed to be better at extending meaningful invitations on the first contact. Sister Davis immediately acted on that. By the end of our hour finding time we had found 4 wonderful humans to teach that now have another lesson scheduled to learn more. I know this is because in our conversations, we listened to what these people were saying and listened to the spirit to know what their need was.
One conversation in particular has really stuck with me. All week I have been studying agency. Why it's so important, how we can use our agency righteously, thw freedom to choose but not choose consequences, all of the things.
Well, Sister Davis and I met a lady who, at first wasn't interested in learning more because she comes from a culture where religion isn't a choice and has had very negative experiences with that. The invitation the spirit gave me to extend was one I have NEVER even thought of before. I opened my mouth and shared that we had a very unique message that we shared with people as missionaries (nothing unusual, I say that so many times in a day) but then I went on and shared that this unique message was about how God gives us agency so that we can freely choose to follow Him, and then invited her to meet with us again so we could teach her about how God's plan enables her to have the freedom to make choices. She then said that she would be really interested in learning more about Christianity and committed herself to coming to church on Sunday and coming a little earlier so we could meet with her.
A whole weekly study that led up to that very moment. The language of the spirit was prevalent in every aspect of that moment. From my personal studies that week, all the way to the invitation extended. As sister davis and I followed and were in tune with the language of the spirit we were able to be prepared for the people God had prepared for us that day.
I testify that the spirit speaks to you! You just need to understand how. Its like learning a new language but the more you speak it, and spend time immersed in it, the easier it is to understand. I invite you all to spend time with the spirit this week. Read your scriptures, listen to a sermon, sing a Hymn, pray to your Heavenly Father. I promise as you do, you will, just like my friend Max, understand better how the spirit speaks to you.
I love you all many bunches! Go give them Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly Fridge Phrases!!!
♡the beauty of the plan is that i get to choose -sister Benson
♡His atonement leaves no tracks -sister Stacey
♡He wanted you where you are! Stop doubting that! -president stacey
♡hold my hand, let's go -Jesus Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment