Some weeks I just don't know what to write. But so much happened this week, so I should have something to say.
Elder Nash and Daines of the quorum of the 70 came to tour the Canada Toronto Mission this last week and spent time talking to every area of the mission. The spiritual confirmations and revelations recieved during the mission tour and in the days following it were answers to my fasting and prayers.
It's winter time and the work is a slowing down with the people we are teaching and our ability to find those that are ready to recieve the restored gospel. We don't have as many lessons throughout the week and I am missing teaching lessons with my companion and the holy ghost. Lately the lessons we do have go a tad of course and end with me wondering what even happened. BUT NOT TO WORRY! (I have been a little worried, but not anymore God is good) My testimony and my personal conversion to the Doctrine of Jesus Christ is ever increasing!! I feel that every day as I study more.
Which is why I've been confused and a bit frustrated with the work lately. I'm coming closer to my Brother Jesus, so why isn't the work following? Something I've been studying and pondering A LOT lately is how to balance achieving missionary work and at the same time strengthen personal conversion. Am I focussed too much on my own personal conversion, that I'm not focusing enough on supporting the conversion of the people we find to teach?
The answer?
No.
Because it's all one work! (I'll come back to this)
God is very aware of me. I know this because as I fasted this past Sunday for patience to hold on a little longer I heard the answer to my prayers. I think I'm learning that at the points that I'm just about to lose patience I just need to wait a little longer because something is coming!
Sunday morning in my studies after reflecting on what I shared above I opened up my book of mormon to where I left off reading and read in 3 Nephi 1 verse 13. The words "lift up thy head and be of good cheer. The time is at hand" brought peace to my mind. God seemed to say, "chill dear sister, just chill." So chill we shall.
The time is indeed at hand! Our new friend Lucas walked into church on Sunday, visiting for the first time, and it won't be his last. He felt so much peace. And the testimonies the members and missionaries shared in the service pierced his heart. I sat with him and our branch presidents wife for an hour after church teaching him. Lucas has so many questions and THE STRONGEST desire to believe in the things we shared that I have ever seen. We taught him yesterday and he's coming to all of our activities this week.
More peace and encouragement was brought to my mind during sacrament meeting as a member shared his testimony and an experience he had on his mission when he felt similar to the way I have been feeling. This member shared with the congregation what his mission president at the time shared with him. In missionary work, it's a win win win for God. Whether the work is fast or slow, His children are coming to him. Even if it may seem like it's just you. You are His child and He is so happy that you are coming to Him. God's pace is different for each of His children. But it's a winning pace every time. God doesn't lose. He can't lose, otherwise, He would cease to be God.
The momentum i felt from sunday is rolling at the start of this week. We went on exchanges with the Sister Assistants to the president and I just don't even know where to begin! This exchange was Jesus magic. Sister Cobia is filled with Jesus Magic. We had a lot of finding time together. But it was so amazing! It was a full day of teaching. We just taught the people on the streets of Toronto, REALLY taught them. Jesus christ was on the streets, in the stores, in the library, on the subway and bus. We were traveling in a trio all day, Sister Cobiam myself, and our brother Jesus. And we saw miracles! In addition to that we shared our testimonies with eachother of so many things throughout the day. The whole day was just spiritually edifying and energizing.
So friends, come unto Christ, seek ye this Jesus, submit cheerfully to the will of the lord, lift up your heads and be of good cheer!
I love you all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly fridge phrases!!
♡the holy ghost compensates for my clumsiness -sis. Stacey
♡the lord likes trajectory -elder Nash
♡what would make the better story? -sister Nash
♡He is not a "catch me if you can" God, he's a "come unto me
God" -elder Nash
♡if you feel like you're chasing Jesus, you're probably chasing the wrong thing. He will NEVER run away from you
No comments:
Post a Comment