Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Aug 2 2023: Welcome to the Weekly Season 6 Ep 3 Can I Get a Saturday Special: Wedding-bap Eternity Combo🍟💍🍔🌊

Hello! Hello!

It's really hard to fathom that this last week was only 1 week. A lot happened, & somehow it went from being on a mega high, to just kinda crumbling down. We shall start with the highs. Seriously an unforgettable experience to watch Andre, & Kiera, 2 people I love so much be married and baptized on the same day. 

I was feeling a little stressed & also felt frustrated with our efforts to find new people. I just felt like we were lacking. Which is silly because we jumped over every obstacle leading up to this day, youd think the Mississauga Ward was putting together an Olympic team. But that's what I felt. There was a moment when I had the distinct impression that what matters most, lasts longest. I was standing in the foyer, my companion to my left and mission president to my right, waiting for Kiera to arrive..... very late (but she got there and that's what's important, the buckets of sweat and deer in the headlight eyes were all worth it) and I just took a breath and remembered the following things...

 This baptism changed the entire trajectory of these people's lives. This day will stretch forward and backward for generations with all the people who came before them that they will be able to help bring into the restored gospel, and the family that they will build in the gospel down the road ahead.
And it all starts with these 2 people who made a covenant that begins their journey to an eternal life together forever, with their family & Heavenly Father. When I remembered that, & clung to it, focusing on what mattered most, the Lord provided the rest. 

We met the people that we were meant to meet that day, and planted so many seeds in nonmember friends that came to the wedding/baptism combo. Including Kiera's dad, who had the most tender experience watching his daughter marry the love of her life and be baptized. He has a testimony that baptism changes lives because he has experienced that change in his life.... imagine if he got baptized with the priesthood power! AND recieved the constant companionship of the holy ghost!! 

Members and missionaries alike came together to make it a miraculous day in so so many ways. It was a once in a life time experience that I never imagined being a part of ever in my life. I know that Jesus Christ is the redeemer and that He lives! I witnessed the living, real, and true effects that the Atonement of Jesus Christ has on people in Andre and Kiera this weekend. 

HE LIVES MY KIND WISE HEAVENLY FRIEND! HE LIVES AND LOVES TILL THE END! HE LIVES AND WHILE HE LIVES ILL SING! HE LIVES MY PROPHET PRIEST AND KING! HE LIVES AND GRANTS ME DAILY BREATH! HE LIVES AND I SHALL CONQUER DEATH! HE LIVES MY MANSION TO PREPARE! HE LIVES TO BRING ME SAFELY THERE! HE LIVES ALL GLORY TO HIS NAME! HE LIVES MY SAVIOR STILL THE SAME! OH SWEET THE JOY THIS SENTENCE GIVES! I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES! 

I just want y'all to know this! I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ lives! 

I've been pondering and studying what i can do to choose everyday to enlist in the Lord's battalion. After our zone conference this week I decided that I needed to make a weekly sacrifice. 

As I studied what the lord asks us to sacrifice I read D&C 59:8 
Thou shalt offer a sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in righteousness, even that of a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

And then I studied what it means to have a contrite spirit. It means be receptive and submissive to the will of God. So in an effort to have a more contrite spirit, I decided that I would sacrifice my sticky note lists to focus more on the whispering of the spirit and less on completing all the things on my to-do list. This may seem like a small insignificant thing, but I live on sticky notes, they are everhwhere. Thats how O organize my brain but lately im too reliant on the lists and not reliant enough on trusting God to help me. I'm committing to living more by the Lord and less by the list. The things that are expedient for us to do get done! God's got it!

This week, I invite you to identify and act on one thing that you can do to be more receptive and submissive to the will of God. And give them Heaven while you do it! Love ya all many bunches!

Sorry for the novel Jace, happy reading. 😊 

Love, 
Sister Court 

Weekly Fridge phrases!!
♡don't count the cost -elder palmer
♡DO. NOT. DOUBT. WHO. YOU. ARE. -President Stacey
♡lasting growth comes little by little -Elder Jesse
♡diligence is a higher, holier level of work -sister Waldron

No comments:

Post a Comment